Vocational Services program unearths an individual’s skills and interests to build a strong foundation for meaningful and sustainable employment. We provide job seekers a support group dedicated to building partnerships within our community. Individuals receiving Vocational Services are paired with support staff based on an individual’s vocational goals, interests, and personal preferences. This services utilizes several tools to assess an individual’s skill level, as well as to teach new ones, and to build effective routines to create meaningful and obtainable employment.
Vocational Services Provides the Following:
- Job Coaching
- Job Preparation
- Volunteer Opportunities
- A Safe Places To Develop Skills at Day Supports Program
What Does A Job Coach Do?
- Explores the individual’s needs and wants for future employment
- Assesses an individual’s pre-existing skills to match with a job
- Finds job opportunities for individuals
- Assists in filling out job applications with individuals
- Practices interview skills with individuals
- Provides one-on-one assistance at an individual’s job site
- Ensures that the Vocational Program is individualized to the person’s needs
Day Supports Program
The Day Supports Program provides individuals with the opportunity to increase their vocational skills. Each individual is given goals and it is through Day Supports Staff to assist individuals with achieving those goals. These goals include positive socialization through activities with peers and other members of the community.
Day Supports Activities
- Vocational volunteering
- Baseball games
- Camping trips
- Exercise groups